With the recent Apple OS X update to 10.13.4, support for dual displays has been affected. This article presents a solution to macOS 10.13.4 with 4.3 beta 3 release. This release only supports displays via Apple AirPlay.
To setup the DisplayLink driver to use AirPlay:
1. Install the latest 4.3 beta from our download page.
2. Restart your computer
3. Go to the Security & Privacy settings -> Privacy and then unplug your DisplayLink enabled device.
4. There should be a pop up message allowing asking you to grant access to the DisplayLinkUse Agent.
5. Reconnect your DisplayLink enabled device.
6. You should now see the DisplayLinkUserAgent in the Allow apps box
7. Click on the lock in the bottom left to make changes
8. Check the DisplayLinkUserAgent box.
9. You should now see the Airplay Icon in your systems tray.
10. Click "Use as Separate Display"
-AirPlay does not support rotation.
-There is no interface to choose your AirPlay display. If you choose the wrong one, then disconnect this display.
-After login, it will be necessary to unplug and replug the DisplayLink device for AirPlay to work again.
For more information on this issue, please reference DisplayLink’s website via https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724.