Your Wavlink setup is encountering issues, such as being unable to connect to Wavlink WiFi? Or is your Wavlink router not functioning (login not working)? If so, you can perform some troubleshooting steps to fix problems related to the Wavlink extender not working or www.wavlink.com not functioning.
AP Setup Wavlink – Can’t Connect to WiFi
If you can see your WiFi signal but still cannot connect or www.wavlink.com is not working properly, there could be multiple reasons for the issue. Many of these problems are common and easy to fix, so don't panic! In this article, we will walk you through some troubleshooting steps that should help you establish a connection quickly.
Power cycle the extender
- Turn off the extender and wait 30 seconds.
- Turn on the extender and wait for it to complete the startup process.
- Try connecting again.
Check The Connection Between The Extender And Your Router
If you can see the WiFi signal from the router but are unable to connect to it, there are two possible reasons for this:
Connect the device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable
If you are able to connect your computer or smartphone directly to the router using an Ethernet cable, it suggests that there might be an issue with the Wavlink extender not functioning properly. You may want to consider trying a different router instead of the current one.
If that doesn't work, please check if all your devices are connected to the same network as the extender and ensure they are within its range.
Change The Wireless Channel on The WiFi Router
If you have a dual-band router, try changing the wireless channel on your WiFi router. Most routers have multiple channels available for broadcasting signals. If one channel is causing interference with another channel, change it to a different channel.
On some routers, it may be as simple as checking which wireless channels nearby networks are using and selecting an unused channel. In other cases, you may need to manually select a specific channel number (1 to 11).
To change the wireless channel on your WiFi router:
1. Open an internet browser window and type http://192.168.10.1 into the address bar (then press Enter). This should take you directly to the configuration page of your router, where you can make changes such as modifying the network name (SSID), password, or wireless encryption settings.
Wavlink Router Login Issue – Reboot Your Router
If you’re trying to connect to the WiFi and can see the signal, but still can’t connect, try rebooting your router or modem.Unplug the power from your router or modem for a few seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for all the lights on the router or modem to come back on, and then try connecting again. If this doesn't work, please try the following steps
- If you can see your WiFi network but can’t connect to it, there could be a few reasons for this. One of the most common causes is that your WiFi network may be hidden.
If you are trying to connect to a hidden network, you must first make it visible. To do this, go to Settings on your iPhone and select "WiFi." Then click on the name of your WiFi network until they appear in gray text below it (indicating that they are not connected).
192.168.10.1 – Wavlink Extender setup Issues
There can be several reasons why the Wavlink range extender is not working or why the www.wavlink.com error is occurring. You can easily and quickly fix most of these issues.
- Ensure a stable connection between the extender and the router. You can do this by checking for any devices (such as printers or laptops) connected to it. If there are no active devices, try connecting one of them directly to the router using an Ethernet cable (bypassing the extender). If you still cannot resolve the Wavlink extender setup issues, proceed with other solutions.
- Change the wireless channel on your WiFi router. If there are many other WiFi networks nearby using channels 1 to 11, consider changing your WiFi network to channel 12 or 13 so that they do not interfere with each other's signals and cause interference issues.
- Restart your WiFi router and modem if changing the channel doesn't help resolve the issue. Unplug them from the power source for at least five minutes, and then plug them back in.
- If possible, use a wired Ethernet connection instead of wireless Ethernet as it may improve speed and reliability. Try restarting again, but ensure that no changes have been made since the last time (such as installing new software updates).
These are just a few of the most common causes of wireless connection issues. There may be other possibilities specific to your situation or devices, but these should give you a good starting point if you are unable to connect to your WiFi network.
Quick Setup Steps For Different Wavlink Extender Models
Wavlink offers a wide range of WiFi extender models to meet the unique wireless connectivity needs of users. Generally, the installation, login, and setup processes for these extender models are the same and easy to execute as well.
However, you may encounter some difficulties when setting up Wavlink N300, Wavlink AC600, Wavlink AX1800, Wavlink AC2100, Wavlink AC750, and Wavlink AC1200. To avoid this, we are here to share some quick steps to complete the setup for these Wavlink extender models.
- Plug in and turn on the Wavlink extender.
- Connect a client device to the Wavlink extender network (usually named Setup_Ext)
- Use a web browser to visit www.wavlink.com or enter 192.168.10.1 in the address bar.
- Log in to the Wavlink portal using the default username and password
- Follow the given instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
If you encounter any errors or obstacles while setting up these Wavlink extender models, feel free to take advantage of our technical support. Our team of experts will address all types of setup issues to ensure you can enjoy fast and high-performance internet connectivity.
Wavlink WiFi Extender Not Working?
Quick check: Is your Wavlink extender not working or www.wavlink.com not working? If so, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
Note: Please refer to the device's manual for more precise instructions.
Steps to take when the extender cannot connect to the router
If your extender is not working, you can take several steps to troubleshoot the issue. First, check the power LED on the extender and ensure it is flashing orange. If it's not, make sure to:
- Your device connects to the wireless network (SSID) of the extender, which is typically named "wavlink_ext" (if you are using default settings) or something similar (if you have changed them).
- You are within the range of the extender. The distance between your device and its connection point is referred to as "WiFi range." This number can vary significantly based on the type of device you are using and the level of interference that may exist in your area—and it may be smaller than what you claim!
Also, please ensure that there are no other WiFi routers nearby that could potentially interfere with your WiFi connection. If there is one nearby, try moving it away from yourself and others until they no longer experience any issues with internet connectivity or speed!
Check That Your Devices Are Within Range Of Your Extender
The first and most basic thing to do when your Wavlink WiFi extender is not working is to ensure that you are within its range. If you are not, then the device won't be able to do anything for you. Check our article to learn how far you should be from the extender for optimal performance and what range you can expect based on the type of wireless devices you have.
Ensure that there’s a strong signal between the extender and its base router.
If you’re experiencing issues with your extender setup, the first thing to check is whether it’s connected and receiving a strong signal from its base router.
To do this:
- Make sure you are within range of the base router. The Wavlink WiFi extender setup should be plugged into an outlet near your home’s router (or any other location where you want to increase coverage).
- If it’s not, move it until it receives a strong signal from the base station. Remember that higher speeds require more power.
- So if your home has many devices running at once or uses more bandwidth services like streaming music or video over WiFi connections (like Netflix); consider adding another access point/extender.
- Check that both devices are connected to each other by checking for green lights on both sides (for example “WiFi” signified by three little bars)
Things You Can Do Before Contacting Support For Help
- Check the power LED. Make sure that your Wavlink WiFi extender is powered on and connected to a working power source. The Wavlink WiFi Extender base station uses a Micro USB cable to charge, so make sure that you have a USB power adaptor plugged into an appropriate outlet.
- Check for connection status on your devices. Double-check that all of your devices are connected to the same network as your Wavlink WiFi Extender. If they’re not, connect them manually from their setting’s menus. This process differs depending on the device you’re using:
- Android device: Go to Settings > WiFi; tap the name of your Wavlink WiFi Extender listed under “WiFi;” tap “Connect;” enter a password (if applicable).
- iPhone/iPad/iPod touch: Tap Settings > WiFi; select “Wavlink” from the list of available networks; enter a passcode or key as necessary (the passcode or key will be printed on a label attached to the base station); press the Join button in the upper right corner of the screen if prompted, then wait while it connects
If, after following these steps. Still, if your Wavlink extender not working or www.wavlink.com not working, then you can contact our customer support team. They will be happy to help you!