Here are the solutions if you are unable to access the USB storage device plugged into the WAVLINK router.
Case 1: Unable to recognize the USB drive
Case 2: Cannot access the USB sharing via samba(SMB)
Case 1 Unable to recognize the USB drive
This is mainly due to incompatible USB flash drive partition format. There are many partition formats for USB drives . However, most of WAVLINK routers only support FAT32 and NTFS file format.
Case 2 Cannot access the USB sharing via samba(SMB).
Some windows system has some limits to accessing the samba. Suggestion:
1. Enable smbv1 in the windows system.
1) Open the control panel.
2) Click Uninstall a program.
3) Click Turn Windows features on or off.
4) Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS Client. Then click OK.
2. Enable insecure guest logons
1) Press Win+R. Within the run box, type “gpedit.msc”
2) Within the Local Group Policy Editor, select “Administrative Templates”>>“Network”>> ”Lanman Workstation”.
3) Double-click the “Enable Insecure guest logons” option >> tick the “Enable” option >> OK.