1. Check to ensure that the connected USB port of the computer is USB 3.0 or better version.
2. Plug the WAVLINK USB Wi-Fi adapter directly into the USB port of the computer, preferably bypassing any external USB hub.
3. Try changing another USB port when connecting to the computer
4. Change Wi-Fi channel and channel width on your router to avoid possible interference.
5. Try to test the speed with other Wi-Fi adapters of the same specification to check is the same story happens.
6. Update the driver of the WAVLINK USB Wi-Fi adapter.
7. Contact WAVLINK support via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assist.