Most WAVLINK type-C MST docking stations are integrated with gigabit Ethernet ports. Some models are based on RealTek RTL8153B solutions, while others are ASIX AX88179 or AX88179A chip solutions. Inevitably, some Ethernet adapter issues come along. Here the instruction help you troubleshoot.
The Ethernet adapter will usually be automatically registered by the OS. If your computer is unable to recognized the network, please download and install the network driver of the dock:
For Realtek RTL8153 Ethernet driver
For ASIX AX88179 or AX88179A Ethernet driver
If this does not resolve the issue, please refer to the following steps to delete the registry.
1. Unplug the adapter. Right click the Start button. In the Start menu, select Run
2. Type in 'regedit'.
3. If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to open the Registry Editor.
4. Navigate to the registry key below. There are multiple keys under 'Network'. Please go through each of them to find the Key with 'PID_8153'.
5. Right click on the key and delete it.
6. Restart the computer and plug in the adapter.